HighQ Drive - Use Cases

I'm looking to integrate HighQ with a new web application that's been developed by a third party.  The web application currently has its own local document store to which documents uploaded to the application are written.  The web application allows users to search these documents and also retrieve them.  We are now investigating options to replace the use of the local document store with HighQ. 

We are looking at the following integration options:

1. Embed HighQ in an iframe within the application

2. Install HighQ Drive on the server used as the local document store and use it to retrieve and sync documents to the SaaS instance of HighQ.

3. Use the HighQ APIs to retrieve and put documents to HighQ.

From what I've read HighQ Drive is intended to be used to support offline workers who need to be able to download documents to the HighQ Drive app on their mobile device (laptop, smart phone) , go offline and work on the documents and then sync the documents back to the main HighQ instance when they are online again.

So my question is:

Does HighQ Drive support being installed on a server instead of a user's device and allow files to be retrieved and synced for potentially 100s of concurrent users of our web application?

• Ray Rafferty thank you for raising an interesting question and use case. HighQ Drive as you have pointed out works in a single-user context, and will sync documents to Collaborate. It has not been built as an application to backup data to Collaborate, as it is constantly monitoring data in Collaborate and comparing with the local copy. What you really need is a backup tool which once it backs up a document to Collaborate does not need to worry about any changes on Collaborate end. I would recommend using either the 1st or the 3rd option as it gives much more control in your hand. The 3rd option is the best as you can keep on extending this feature over time.

• Hi Ray,

Interesting challenge you've got there. I'd lean towards using HighQ APIs for this integration, especially given the evolving landscape of smart city solutions. It gives you more flexibility without the iframe constraints and offers direct control over the document flow.

By the way, have you checked out the recent article on "Smart City Mobility Platform: Explore New Andersen's Cutting-Edge Project"? In my point, this might provide additional ideas for your project, what do you think?

HighQ Drive, from my understanding, is indeed geared for individual devices rather than servers. Installing it on a server might be a stretch and could lead to complications, especially with concurrent user loads.

With the HighQ APIs, you can streamline document retrieval and syncing for your web app users. It offers a more scalable solution, and you won't be shoehorned into the limitations of the other options.

My advice: dive into the HighQ API documentation, understand its endpoints, and map out how it aligns with your web app's document flow. It might require a bit more development effort, but in the long run, it could be the cleaner, more robust solution you're looking for :)