Custom Navigation via API

Are there any plans to implement the custom navigation feature in the Web portal as a REST API call? Or perhaps i have missed something in the documentation?

I have a use case for new sites being created via the API with variable iSheets and content based on some prior questions filled out by the site requestee. Templating is the only current way to circumvent this limitation however having someone manage every possible template is a task not highly anticipated.

Parents
  • Hey Douglas,

I feel your pain with the current navigation limitations. Dealing with templates for every scenario can be a real headache. As far as I know, there isn't a direct REST API call for custom navigation in the web portal. But here's a workaround that might help based on my experience.

Consider leveraging the existing API to create a basic site and then use subsequent API calls to customize it further. Break down the process into steps: site creation first, then additional calls to tweak content based on those prior questions. It's not as seamless as a single API call for custom navigation, but it beats the template overload. You can read more about this method here: andersenlab.com/.../custom-software-development

Check the documentation thoroughly, though – things can get buried. If all else fails, a direct inquiry with support might shed light on any upcoming features.

• Hey Douglas,

I feel your pain with the current navigation limitations. Dealing with templates for every scenario can be a real headache. As far as I know, there isn't a direct REST API call for custom navigation in the web portal. But here's a workaround that might help based on my experience.

Consider leveraging the existing API to create a basic site and then use subsequent API calls to customize it further. Break down the process into steps: site creation first, then additional calls to tweak content based on those prior questions. It's not as seamless as a single API call for custom navigation, but it beats the template overload. You can read more about this method here: andersenlab.com/.../custom-software-development

Check the documentation thoroughly, though – things can get buried. If all else fails, a direct inquiry with support might shed light on any upcoming features.

Children
No Data