Last modified September 11, 2020
The following additional terms are incorporated into these Terms by this reference and also apply to your use of the Site:
TR may modify, revise or update these Terms and /or our Privacy Statement and/ our Copyright Policy and/or our Cookies Policy at any time, with or without notice to you. Your continued use of the Site will always indicate your acceptance of these Terms and any changes to it. If these Terms are unacceptable to you, you should discontinue your use of the Site.
Submissions. The purpose of this Site is to create an interactive, online community for users to connect, share know-how, and collaborate on topics of mutual interest. TR does not prescreen users’ content, including but not limited to questions, statements, images, answers, comments, advice, opinions and ideas, as well as information available as a result of your participation via private messaging, in chat rooms, forums and links, submitted by you via the Site ("Submissions"). TR may moderate the Submissions posted or uploaded to the Site for compliance with these Terms but does not routinely do so. To submit content to the Site, you must have your account login details and a password. Please remember that any information disclosed on this Site may be visible to all members of the community. You should exercise caution when using this Site. The Site may contain interactive areas, such as calendars, forums, message boards, and chat rooms (the “Interactive Areas”), that enable you or third parties to create, post, transmit or store Submissions or other content. You are solely responsible for your use of such Interactive Areas and the Submissions and use the Submissions or other content at your own risk.
Minors. By accessing the Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old or, if younger than 18, are at least 13 or older and have a parent’s or guardian’s permission to access or use this Site.
Feedback. If you provide any ideas, suggestions, or recommendations on this Site regarding TR’s products, technologies or services ("Feedback"), TR may use such Feedback and incorporate it in TR’s products, technologies, and services without paying royalties and without any other obligations or restrictions.
Privacy. Please review TR's Privacy Statement for a description of TR's privacy practices and an explanation of how TR may use any personal information TR collects on this Site.
Electronic Communications. When you visit the Site or send emails to us, you consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the Site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Patents, Copyrights and Trademarks. The technology and content provided by TR on this Site are owned by or licensed to TR and protected by United States, Canadian, European, and other international intellectual property laws. TR and its licensors retain all proprietary rights to that content and technology. No part of this Site may be reproduced, duplicated, copied, downloaded, stored, further transmitted, disseminated, transferred, or otherwise exploited without TR's prior written consent. Please see notices on individual referenced sites, products and services for additional notices and information. The trademarks, service marks, trade names and logos appearing on this site are trademarks of TR, its affiliates, and/or licensors. All such rights are reserved.
License. By offering this Site for use, TR provides you with a personal, worldwide, nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable, limited license to access and use the Site, strictly subject to and in accordance with these Terms. TR reserves the right to terminate this license at any time and for any reason. Your failure to comply with these Terms will result in automatic termination of this license, with or without prior notice, and, upon such termination, you must immediately destroy all copies of downloaded materials in your possession or control. Except for the limited license set forth in these Terms, TR does not grant you any express or implied rights or licenses under any patents, trademarks, copyrights, or other proprietary or intellectual property rights. TR has no obligation to store, and may remove or delete, any of your Submissions on this Site for any reason, at any time and without notice to you.
Usage. By accessing, browsing, or using this Site, you agree to the following:
- You will not use, intentionally or unintentionally, any of the content, information, or services on this Site in a manner contrary to or in violation of any applicable international, national, federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation having the force of law. Please note that TR is not a consumer reporting agency, and you will not use any of the content, information, or services on this Site as a factor in establishing a consumer's eligibility for credit or insurance to be used primarily for personal, family, or household purposes, for employment purposes, or for any other purpose authorized under section 1681b of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (15 U.S.C.A. § 1681b).
- You agree that you will not interfere with or disrupt the Site. You will not use this Site in any manner that could harm, infect, take over, disable, overburden, or otherwise impair any of our computer systems, including, but not limited to, the servers, networks, and other components connected to or used for this Site.
- You will not interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of this Site, or of any of the content, information, or services provided on this Site.
- You will not upload, post, or otherwise transmit any Submission that (i) you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements); (ii) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; (iii) is libelous, tortious, harmful, harassing, intimidating, hateful, objectionable, vulgar, discriminatory, privacy invasive, politically divisive or inflammatory, abusive, illegal, defamatory, indecent, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, offensive or threatening in any way; (iv) encourages anyone to break the law or encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability; (v) violates anyone’s copyright, trademark or other proprietary right; (vi) interferes with the privacy of another user; (vii) contains false or misleading statements; or (viii) gives rise to any liability or violates any applicable local, state, federal or international law or regulation.
- You warrant and represent that you have all the necessary legal rights to upload, post or otherwise transmit content using this Site and by posting a Submission, you hereby grant TR a nonexclusive, transferable, worldwide, fully paid-up, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to use, distribute, adapt, publish, distribute, publicly perform, play, make available to the public, display, reproduce, modify, translate, sublicense, create derivative works, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to the Submission. You further irrevocably waive any “moral rights” or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of your content that you may have under any applicable law or legal theory. You warrant and represent that any open-source-related or third-party licensor requirements and restrictions have been fully disclosed to TR and that no open source or third party code or other materials used in connection with your Submission is subject to any “copyleft” or other obligation or condition (including any obligation or condition under any “open source” license) that (i) requires, or conditions the use or distribution of such Submission on, (A) the disclosure, licensing, or distribution of the source code for such Submission or portion thereof or (B) the granting to licensees of the right to make derivative works or other modifications to such Submissions or portion thereof; (ii) imposes any restriction on the consideration to be charged for the distribution thereof; or (iii) creates, or purports to create, obligations for TR with respect to any Submission.
- You will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any services, accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to any server used for this Site, through password mining, hacking, or any other means.
- You will not seek to gain access to any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available by TR.
- You will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, download, store, further transmit, disseminate, transfer, or otherwise exploit this Site, or any portion hereof without TR's prior written consent, except that you may reproduce limited content from this site describing TR's products and services solely to educate users or potential users about TR products or services.
- You will not use any framing techniques to enclose any portion of this Site (including, but not limited to, images, text, page layout, and form) without TR's prior written consent.
- You will not make any use of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and graphics on this Site without TR's prior written consent.
- You will not, directly or indirectly, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discern the source code or architecture of any feature or component of the Site or extract information about usage, individual identities, or users.
- You will not use any robot, spider, other automatic software or device, or manual process to monitor or copy our Site or the content, information, or services on this Site without TR's prior written consent.
- You will not knowingly engage in contests, chain letters or post or transmit "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass distribution of email through or in any way using the Site.
- You will not collect any email addresses made available on this Site for purposes of promotions or marketing campaigns.
- You will not distribute, on or through this Site, any advertising; promotion; solicitation for goods, services, or funds; or solicitation for others to become members of any enterprise or organization without TR's prior written permission.
- You will not use or otherwise export or re-export this Site, or any portion thereof, in violation of the export control laws and regulations of the United States of America, Canada, or any other country.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
TR AND ITS LICENSORS PROVIDE THIS SITE, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT, INFORMATION, MATERIALS, AND SERVICES PROVIDED THEREIN, "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES OF PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, ERRORS, OMISSIONS, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, DELAYS, RELIABILITY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT;
- WARRANTIES THAT ACCESS TO ANY PRODUCT, INCLUDING THE SITE, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, COMPLETE, OR ERROR FREE;
- WARRANTIES AS TO THE LIFE OF ANY URL OR THIRD-PARTY WEB SERVICE; AND
- WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE THAT HAS BEEN MODIFIED IN ANY WAY BY ANYONE OTHER THAN, AND WITHOUT THE EXPRESS APPROVAL OF, TR.
BY ACCESSING, BROWSING, OR USING THIS SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT:
- THE SITE IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY;
- YOUR USE OF THE WESITE, IN FULL OR IN PART, IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK;
- PROVISION OF CONTENT AND SOFTWARE ENTAILS THE LIKELIHOOD OF SOME HUMAN AND MACHINE ERRORS, DELAYS, INTERRUPTIONS, AND LOSSES, INCLUDING THE INADVERTENT LOSS OF DATA OR DAMAGE TO MEDIA; AND
- VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THE SITE ARE NOT ENDORSED BY TR. SUBMISSIONS REFLECT THE OPINIONS OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AUTHORS AND NOT THOSE OF TR (INCLUDING ITS MODERATORS) AND THEREFORE, TR CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OF ANY SITE DISCUSSIONS.
- WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CLAIM(S) RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR INABILITY OR FAILURE TO PERFORM RESEARCH OR OTHER WORK OR TO PERFORM SUCH RESEARCH OR WORK PROPERLY OR COMPLETELY, EVEN IF ASSISTED BY TR;
- USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE UPON THE AVAILABILITY OF OR CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBLITY.
No Investment Recommendations or Professional Advice. This Site is provided as a service, and for informational purposes only. This Site is not intended to provide any tax, legal, or investment advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing on this Site shall be considered by us or any third party as an offer or recommendation to buy or sell or a solicitation of an offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security or investment, or any other product or service referred to on this Site, or to engage in any investment strategy or transaction. You use the content, information, and services on this Site at your own risk.
Support Services. Any support services offered by TR on this Site are offered in support of TR products and are in no way substitutes for assistance from legal, tax, accounting, financial, or other qualified professionals. If legal, tax, accounting, financial or other advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional person should be sought. TR may respond to questions, but does not formally provide technical support on the Site.
Advertisers. This Site may contain, link to, reference, or promote websites, applications and/or services from third parties. TR does not guarantee the accuracy of or endorse the views or opinions given by any third-party content provider, advertiser, sponsor or other user. You agree that TR is not responsible for, and does not control such non-TR websites, applications or services, nor is TR responsible for the acts or omissions of such third parties. TR may run paid advertisements and sponsorships from third parties on this Site. Any dealings you have with any third-party advertisers or sponsors are solely between you and such advertiser or sponsor.
Links to Third Party Sites. This Site may provide links to other third-party websites or resources. TR makes no representations whatsoever about any other website which you may access through this Site. You acknowledge and agree that TR is not responsible for the availability of such external websites or resources and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such websites or resources. You should take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature.
References on this Site to any names, marks, products or services of any third parties or hypertext links to third party sites or information do not constitute or imply an endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation of, or affiliation with the third party or its products and services. TR makes no representation or warranty as to any third-party content, products or services, and you agree that TR shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such third-party content, products or services available on or through any such website or resource.
Registration and Account Information.
This Site requires you to register as a user or create an account. By registering or creating an account, you agree to provide accurate and complete information and to inform TR of any changes to that information. By registering or creating an account, you shall only use your legal first and last name and you shall not impersonate any person, use a false name or use a pseudonym. Each registration is for a single user only, unless otherwise expressly provided on the registration page. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account login details and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account login details and password. If you know or suspect that there has been unauthorized use, you must notify TR immediately.
Registration data and any other information TR obtains about you will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement. By submitting information to TR as part of any registration, you consent to the possible transfer of such information outside of your home country. TR reserves the right to access and disclose any information about you (including personal data given in your registration) in order to comply with applicable laws, regulations, court orders or lawful governmental requests; to operate TR's systems properly; and to protect TR's rights and the safety or interests of others, at TR's sole discretion.
Data Aggregation. You grant TR permission to aggregate your non-personally identifiable data which you enter or upload with that of other users of TR products/services. For example, this means that TR may use that aggregated data to improve products, services, design promotions, or provide ways for you to compare business practices with other users. You also grant TR permission to (i) use information about your business and experience which we gain through your use of the Site to help TR provide and enhance its products and services; (ii) combine your business data which we gain through your use of the Site, if any, with that of others in a way that does not identify you or any individual personally; and (iii) share or publish summary results relating to research data and to distribute or license such data to third parties.
Termination. You acknowledge and agree that TR, in its sole discretion, may deny, terminate or restrict your Site access if your conduct is found to be unlawful, inconsistent with, or in violation of, the letter or spirit of these Terms, or for any other reason. TR shall not be liable to you or any third party for denial, termination or restriction of Site access. Should you object to any terms and conditions of these Terms, or to any subsequent modifications thereto, your only recourse is to immediately discontinue use of the Site. Upon termination of these Terms for any reason, you will (a) promptly return or destroy all originals and copies of TR content, including all related documentation, and (b) cease any access or use of the Site. Upon termination of these Terms for any reason, any Submission you have stored on the Site, including calendar entries and registrant information, may no longer be retrieved, so you should make a backup copy of any such information on a regular basis and before terminating your account.
Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold TR and its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, licensors, and suppliers harmless from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from (i) any violation of these Terms by you; (ii) your Submissions, including any external or embedded links therein; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including, without limitation, any infringement, violation or misappropriation of any copyright, property or privacy right; and (iv) your violation of any applicable law or regulation.
Limitation of Liability. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING ELSE IN THESE TERMS OR OTHERWISE, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL TR BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY (EXCEPT FOR GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR FRAUD), FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SERVICE UNDER THESE TERMS OR IN CONNECTION WITH THEIR PERFORMANCE OR BREACH, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY WARRANTIES HEREUNDER.
TR WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY DAMAGE, LIABILITY OR LOSS THAT YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON MAY INCUR, OR FOR ANY OTHER UNDESIRABLE CONSEQUENCES, RESULTING FROM YOUR BREACH OF YOUR OBLIGATIONS UNDER THESE TERMS. TR’S MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ANY SINGLE EVENT (OR A SERIES OF RELATED EVENTS) GIVING RISE TO A CLAIM IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR IN RELATION TO THE SERVICE WILL BE LIMITED TO ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS (US $100).
Governing Law and Jurisdiction. The Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York in the United States, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You hereby agree that any disputes arising under or in connection with the Terms or the Site shall be submitted for resolution to federal and state courts in New York County in the State of New York, and you hereby waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
Miscellaneous. Should any provision of the Terms be held to be void, invalid, unenforceable or illegal by a court, the validity and enforceability of the other provisions will not be affected thereby. Failure to enforce any provision of the Terms will not constitute or be construed as a waiver of such provision or the right to enforce it. The United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to the Terms, the Site, or any content therein. If you have any questions about these Terms, or about the content, information, or services on this Site, you may contact TR using any of the methods described on TR’s "contact us" page. TR responds to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please see http://thomsonreuters.com/copyright/ for more information.