New User

histogram of times each article cited

The chart of citation distribution by year is nice, but why not also offer a histogram of the number of times each article has been cited? This seems an obvious way of displaying the data to me.

Getting a bit more advanced, maybe also a 3D chart with a histogram of number of times cited stratified by year of publication? i.e. times cited along x axis, year of publication along y axis, counts of number of articles up vertical z axis. Might look a bit confusing but could be very informative, at least for researchers with a lot of publications and citations.

New User

Re: histogram of times each article cited

I thought of something similar. What I really miss is a kind of timeline where you can see the citation life for a specific article (or several articles displayed at the same time). This could be shown as a line graph with time on the x axis and nbr of citations on the y axis. In this way it will be easy to see which articles are generating an interest (i.e. citations) at specific years, and also how long citation life they have. Of course this could be supplemented by a calculation of the mean citation half-life of ones articles.

Thomson Reuters

Re: histogram of times each article cited

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in ResearcherID and for your suggestions. We'll add it to our future enhancement list.

Regards,

Patricia Siemion

Product Management Associate

Thomson Reuters