Highlighted
Visitor

Utility to create a list of citations

Increasingly, people in academia require creating a list of the citations of their papers. It would be nice if ResearcherID allows them to do that automatically. The end result will be a (doc or pdf) document or html page in which the metadata of each individual publication of the person is follows by list of the citations of that publication. Very important is to allow people to add citations manually, thereby allowing them to include citations in the media that are not covered by ISI products.

New User

Re: Utility to create a list of citations

Since I was just about to suggest the same, I am all for it!

It would be really powerful and convenient to be able to print a recent list of publications with citations.

My additions would be that different places require the presentation in different formats and therefore it would be handy to have an online editor of sorts to add the information asked for. For example, I would probably want to have all authors names, but not always. Sometimes each paper has to be 'categorized' or 'highlighted' (as in 'mark with a star your 10 most important publication') which is another point for the editing.

Contributor

And along with PDF, how about exporting an HTML listing of pubs?

And how about getting rid of the danged all caps? Upper and lower case, please.

Thomson Reuters

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion about PDF and HMTL output. We'll add this to our future enhancement list.

As far as the information in all caps, we are taking a phased approach to enhancing this. Items that have been added after our latest release (May 16th 2010), should have journal names in proper casing. There is a bug in ResearcherID where all author names are forced into upper-case. This is currently being corrected and is planned to be made available as part of our late summer release. More details can be supplied when available.

Regards,

Ellen Rotenberg
Manager, Product Development
Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters

Hello,

Nice touch using your RID number as your forum handle, btw!

These are excellent suggestions that we will add to our enhancement list.

Thank you for your interest in ResearcherID.

Regards,

Ellen Rotenberg
Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters

Hello,

Thank you for your interst in ResarcherID and the suggestions. We'll add them to our future enhancement list.

Regards,

Ellen Rotenberg
Thomson Reuters