New User

Layout, sorting and links to personal homepage

I welcome this service but have three comments on the current layout:

(1)    I don’t like the 3D bars in the citation metrics. For 2D bars, as in Web of Science, it is much easier to estimate the citations in a year.

(2)    In the header, there should be a functional link to the researchers personal homepage to get more information. As PDF’s of articles are often freely available on the author’s webpage, it would also increase the visibility (and citation rate) of the participating author. This would provide an incentive for authors to join.

(3)    The publication list should be sorted by year! Alternatively, other sorting (e.g. by number of citation) could be offered as well but sorting by year would be a better start
New User

Re: Layout, sorting and links to personal homepage

I agree with Marcus, a link to the personal home page of the researchers would be very useful. Furthermore, improvements in the visualization of the data is certainly necessary. For some reason the combination of 3d plots and lack of contrast (the same colors are used everywhere) does not help to make the data stand out.
New User

I agree with everything above. Will someone from the ResearcherID team please respond to these suggestions?
Thomson Reuters

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in ResearcherID. I'll address your suggestions here:

(1) Changing citation metrics graph from 3D to 2D: We'll look at this as a future enhancement.

(2) Linking to external websites: ResearcherID allows for linking up to three external websites for a given profile, and up to three external websites per publication record.

To link to external websites from the profile, login to your account and add the URLs in the My URLs section of the Manage Profile page (Personal Information Tab).

To link to external websites from a publication - You will need to edit the record in EndNote Web. All ResearcherID members have access to EndNote Web; please see the in-product help for more information or enroll in an online training. Upcoming training classes for both EndNote Web can be found here: http://www.endnote.com/training/

(3) Publication sorting options: ResearcherID now offers several options for sorting a publication list as well as the ability to select a default sort. Details on how to set the default sort order can be found in the following thread: http://community.thomsonreuters.com/t5/ResearcherID-How-To/Order-of-publications-using-badge/td-p/71...

Regards,

Ellen Rotenberg
Manager, Product Development
Thomson Reuters
Highlighted
NTN
New User

Hi Ellen,

I suggest to give more choices for sorting in search results such as citation number, h-index ...

This options would allow administrator of a particular organization to rank their researchers' performance.

It would be even better if search option for organisations can be further fine tuned by sub organisations such as department, division ... Ranking at different organizational levels would be much easier.

NTN