Visitor

Easy removal of auto/self-citation

Some easy way of one-click removal of self-citation should be provided.

When searching by using Web of Science (/search / create citation report) one gets citation data including self-citations (i.e. all citations, h-index etc.). The only simple way of removing self-citations is by clicking 'View without self-citations'. However, there is no way to see h-index and citation count without self-citations! In the ResearcherID even this possibility is not included. In this respect I like Scopus better (even if more of my papers are missing in the reports) - excluding self-citations means removing them from h-index and other such.

Of course, by using data mining etc. one may get everything, however, I do not know why it can't be simple?! All data (all citing articles, citing articles without self-citations) are here already - it needs to be just counted again.

Thomson Reuters

Re: Easy removal of auto/self-citation

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. Removal of self-cites in ResearcherID will be added to our enhancement list.

Regards,

Ellen

Ellen Rotenberg
Manager, Product Development
Thomson Reuters
Visitor

This is an encouraging message. The only flaw is that it is 15 months old, and there is no trace of exluding self-citations yet from ResearcherID. When will this be available?

Thanks

István Kollár

Highlighted
New User

Can somebody please tell me where the "View without self-citations" button located at? I have been searching for it for hours!