Visitor

Convert uploaded references to Web of Science references

To add a reference to EndNoteWeb or ResearchID you can either upload a file with the reference information (eg .ris) or find it in Web of Science and then click an 'add' button.   The big difference for me is that adding from Web of Science means that the scitatation information is available.  This is particulalry important in ResearcherID. Even so, I find myself manually uploading files because the link is easy to grab from the journal webpage, and it takes a while before the articles show up in Web of Science.   I then have to return at some future time, find the publication in Web of Science, add them, and remove the duplicates.

My suggestion is to add the capability to search for an article in Web of Science using the information in an uploaded reference.

This would be naturally done by adding a 'search for in Web of Science' button next to uploaded references.

Re: Convert uploaded references to Web of Science references

Dear PCameron-Smith,

Thank you for your post. Assuming I understand it correctly, you should be able to perform the suggested action via the "Update using Web of Science" button when managing publications within an ResearcherID profile. A visual description of how to do this can be found on the following article within our support knowledgebase:

http://help.thomson.com/default.asp?portalid=TSC&article=110541

This way articles initially added from another source, e.g. via an uploaded .ris file, can later be associated with Web of Science records (and their respective Times Cited counts, and DOIs if available).

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance in your specific instance, you can send your contact information and description of your issue by opening a technical support eticket here:

http://ip-science.thomsonreuters.com/support/

Sincerely,

Dante Burford
Customer Technical Support Executive
Global Customer Support
IP & Science

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: Convert uploaded references to Web of Science references

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for :-).  Unfortunately I was searching the help system using terms like 'convert', 'add', 'search', and 'change', so I didn't find it.