New User

Order of publications using badge

Is there a way to change the order of publications that come up when you roll over the ResearcherID badge? Currently it is by most cited first, I would like it to be by year, most recent first. Changing it in my profile does not seem to change it on roll over.
Highlighted
New User

Re: Order of publications using badge

I agree, this would be a great feature. It would be great to have a 'sortBy' property in the badge, with options for year, citations, or maybe even by first-author publications only. The badge is one of the best features of ResearcherID, but needs to be made a bit more flexible.
Contributor

AGREE regarding the need to permit users to configure the display on the badge. We would also want to make the badge listing default to a list of the three most recent pubs. Citation metrics are interesting, but they are less compelling in our organization than current-ness.

Thomson Reuters

Hello,

You can set the default sort order of publications on the badge from within the Manage Profile section of ResearcherID.com by following these steps:

1. Login to ResearcherID https://www.researcherid.com/Login.action

2. Click on the Manage Profile button

3. On the personal information tab, scroll about half-way down the page until you see the option to select the default sort order of the My Publication List.

4. Once you select your sort order of choice, click the Submit Changes on this Page button.

This default sort will be applied to your My Publication list on your public profile, as well as your badge.

Please give this a try and post back if there are any issues.

Ellen Rotenberg
Manager, Product Development
Thomson Reuters
New User

Super, thanks for implementing this.

New User

Hi -

I tried this, but no luck. The format of the 'manage profile' pages has changed, I did sort by 'publication year'

on the 'Publication List' page associated with its tab, but this did not affect what appeared on the badge.

What should I do?

Thanks -