Highlighted
Visitor

Error generating citation map

Greetings,

I was using your tool to generate citation map.

It appears that the map does not load. Here is the error message I am getting:

"This map could not be created because there is no data to display."

And when I used google developer tool in chrome browser to load the page, I get this json response that indicate there is something with the service request indicating that there might be something missing in my data.

stcCallback1003({sid: "TSMashAnalyzeMap", appId: "", oid: "get", svcVersion: "",…});
appId
:
""
error
:
null
errorCode
:
""
header
:
{map: {serviceHeader: {map: {,…}}}}
invId
:
""
oid
:
"get"
response
:
"{"MapResponse":{"info":"2","logged":"true","loggedAs":"ANALYZMAP","ServiceInfo":[{},{"info":["No UT's found that meet the criteria for RID (I-****-2017)","Service time:1008"]}],"locationsCount":"0"}}"
sid
:
"TSMashAnalyzeMap"
svcVersion
:
""
version
:
"1.1"

I feel the project/website is not very well maintained, could anyone look at what i the error here?

Visitor

Re: Error generating citation map

The problem is resolved.

Just FYI, this is what you get when you don't have any publication added to your list or you don't have publications added using their "Core web services collection". I have added my publication by importing from endnote, hence does not work.

I believe the web app need to be updated to reflect that fact and make error reporting more obvious vs. kind of fail silently at the moment. (to fail fast is better)