Al
Visitor

Citation data

Hi,

My institution is not subscribed to the to the conference proceedings citation index. So I added my publications listed in the conference proceedings citation index through EndNote to my ResearcherID. However, the ResarcherID page does not display the citation Data for these publications.

Is there any possibility to to add the citation data of publications listed in the conference proceedings citation index in my 

ResearcherID page, even when my Institution is not subscribed to this index ?

best regards

-Al

Thomson Reuters

Re: Citation data

Dear User,  

Only articles added from Web of Science can be used to generate Citation Metrics. The publication list may contain articles from other sources. If you look at the citation data you can see that the total number of articles may not be equal to articles with citation data.  This value indicates how many articles from the publication list were used to generate the metrics. Citation Metrics information is available only when records on the publication list have been added from the Web of Science.  

We hope this helps!!!

Thank you,
Nirmal

Nirmal Devadas
Project Lead - Customer Technical Support
Healthcare & Science
Thomson Reuters
Phone: +91 44 66303193
Mobile: +91 96000 48560

nirmal.devadas@thomsonreuters.com
science.thomsonreuters.com

This email is for the sole use of the intended recipient and contains information that may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender by return email and delete this email and any attachments.

Thomson Reuters

Al,

Thanks for your comment.  The development team is looking into functionaliity that will make the connection between items in EndNote and items in the Web of Science and current citation counts, including the conference proceedings citation index.  While we don't have a definitive date for availability, the feature has been identified for a future release.

Thanks again for using the forum.

Renny

Reynold Guida
Director, Product Development
Thomson Reuters
Al
Visitor

rguida, thanks, I think this would be an important improvement.

best regards

- Al -