New User

suspicious email from "The ResearcherID team"

I've received an email that looks very suspicious to me, though it does have the proper layout and address. Does anyone know more about this? I couldn't find any information.

The ResearcherID Operations & Security team has discovered and blocked suspicious activity on the ResearcherID network that appears to have been a coordinated attempt to access secure areas of the ResearcherID site. In our security investigation, we found no evidence that any of the content you store in ResearcherID was accessed, changed, or lost.

We take our responsibility to keep your data safe very seriously, and out of an abundance of caution,  we recommend you change your password by going to [...]. Please note that ResearcherID shares sign-in credentials with other products you may have access to (e.g., Web of Science, InCites, EndNote), so your password change will apply across these products.

Thank you for your time. We realize this request may be outside your password maintenance routine and apologize for any inconvenience caused. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact ResearcherID Support.

The ResearcherID team

New User

Re: suspicious email from "The ResearcherID team"

I also received an email last week. It looked genuine, but I was suspiciuous of the links and did not click on them. I did not change my password. The only thing I can think of is a phishing scam, but ResearcherID seems an unlikely target. It would be good to get confirmation from Thomson Reuters if it is (or is not) an email from them.

Highlighted
New User

Re: suspicious email from "The ResearcherID team"

haven't received one myself, but be careful about clicking any links inside. I'd look at sending the forum administrators an email regarding this as well..