New User

incorrectly calculated H-index

Hi All,

I can see from my ResearcherID entries that I have 15 papers with 15 citations or more. However, under the Citation Metrics page of my entry, the calculated H-index is only 14. How can this be rectified please?

New User

Re: incorrectly calculated H-index

[ Edited ]

Last weeks I have had a similar problem. When I try to obtain the citation metrics in ResearcherID.com the sum of the times cited, average citations per article and h-index is miscalculated.

Specifically, the information from "View Publications" is correct and it provides the correct values of the times cited, average citations per article and h-index, whereas the Citation Metrics understimates the values. 

I deleted everything and then I searched the articles through the WEB of Science to solve it, but the problem continues. 

Any suggestion??

New User

I have exactly the same problem. Publication list and respective citations are OK but H-Index is lower than expected.

Regards.

JI

Highlighted

Hello,

ResearcherID is now displaying data from the new Web of Knowledge platform. There have been some issues in the new Web of Knowledge relating to citation data and the h-index calculation. 

Users who navigate between the two versions may note data differences that in some instances impact citation counts and H-indexes.    We have identified errors affecting a subset of records that were uploaded within the last week. We have isolated the impacted records and are diligently working to rectify the problem. We expect to have these data corrected within approximately 2 weeks.

Please Note: In most instances in which the two versions of Web of Knowledge yield different citation counts, it does not indicate error but instead reflects enhancements made to the application. The new platform functions as the same citation-based search and discovery tool, but we’ve improved the underlying architecture.  Please keep in mind that citation counts are dynamic. While the majority of citation counts between the two versions of Web of Knowledge are the same, a small number will be different as a result of new methods for record unification.

You can submit a case to Technical Support using the webform at http://science.thomsonreuters.com/techsupport/  and including your ResearcherID number. In the meantime, please accept our apologies for this problem.

Marylou Warwick
Customer Technical Support Representative
Global Customer Support
Thomson Reuters
http://ip-science.thomsonreuters.com/techsupport/