Visitor

ID Researcher badge renders hyperlinks ineffective

Hello,

I've installed the ID Researcher badge on my homepage but I found that the hyperlinks over which the pop-up window would appear don't work anymore, even when the pop-up window isn't there.

I can change the order of the pop-up window and the text with the hyperlinks (i.e. move the text to the front), but that then causes the pop-up window to be shown behind the text that includes the hyperlinks, which obviously looks bad.

Any ideas how this could be dealt with? For the time being I use iWeb to manage my homepage, and I have noticed this behaviour in Safari 5.0 on an Apple MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5.8, while drinking tea.

Thanks!

Richard

Re: ID Researcher badge renders hyperlinks ineffective

Could you please submit a Support ticket into us so that we can investigate your issue further.

Please send your contact information and case issue within the following Webform:

http://science.thomsonreuters.com/support

Best Regards

Amar Patel

Customer Technical Executive
IP & Science

Thomson Reuters
ip-science.thomsonreuters.com
ip-science.thomsonreuters.com/support/
thomsonreuters.com
Visitor

Okay, I've done that now, but may I ask why you have a forum like this? Is it so you can then direct people to some non-intuitive site where they can only guess they click the right links, and in the end leave the same information they left here in this forum?

Grrr.

Highlighted

rjtklein,

We ask ResearcherID users to submit a support ticket when the question requires that we gather more information in order to triage the issue. This information can be of a more personal nature that users may not want posted to an online forum.

For example, to determine the cause of an issue we may need not only your author number, but personal contact data (email address, for instance). If the cause of the problem is with another database that information would be communicated as well.

Hope this helps. 

Christopher Stanwood
Customer Technical Support Representative
Global Customer Support

Thomson Reuters
http://ip-science.thomsonreuters.com/support/