Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Googling a ResearcherID page

I tried to search Google for the ResearcherID page of one of the scientists in my organization. Here is the URL:

http://www.researcherid.com/rid/C-6981-2009

Robert J. Kuligowski

Why can't I google this? The scientist in question set all of his settings to public except for his e-mail.

Please advise.

Thomson Reuters

Re: Googling a ResearcherID page

[ Edited ]

Hi lorikay4,

We needed to disable search engine crawling temporarily to enable some website enhancements. We are looking to re-enable in the next few weeks; I will reply to this post once I have more information.

Thank you for your interest in ResearcherID.

Regards,

Ellen Rotenberg
Manager, Product Development
Thomson Reuters
Contributor

Thanks.

Contributor

Bueller, Bueller?

Thomson Reuters

Hello,

We have lifted the restriction on search engine crawling of ResearcherID. Please note that we have no control over the search engines indexing or when they will make ResearcherID results available.

Thank you,

Ellen Rotenberg
Manager, Product Development
Thomson Reuters
Contributor

Excellent. Improved visibility of scientist's work is a key benefit that I plan to use to sell ResearcherID participation to my scientists, and Google's ability to spider this content is a key element in making that true.

Thank you.

Contributor

Still not able to successfully search on google for a researcher ID profile.

Has anyone else been able to search for this?

I know it takes some time for a directory re-opened to indexing to 'show up' in results, but it happens quicker than that for me on my site.

So I regard this as still an open issue.

New User

I am also unsuccessful at googling for researchid pages, even with

site:researcherid.com 

Why are some pages showing up but others not?

Hello,

I am currently able to use Google to find ResearcherID pages.  Were you looking for a specific Researcher?

As a for instance, I searched site:researcherid.com 2008 and came up with a lot of ResearcherID pages, where the ResearcherID numbers end in 2008.  I have attached a screenshot.

It’s also possible that in your initial search Google will limit the amount of results back from researcherid.com.  You might have to click the “Show more results from researcherid.com” button to see other results.  Also please see as noted above in a previous post that we have no control over search engines’ indexing.

If you still have questions and you'd like to submit a support ticket so we can look into it more, you can do so here:

http://science.thomsonreuters.com/support/

Nathan Sutton
Customer Technical Support Representative
Global Customer Support

Thomson Reuters
scientific.thomsonreuters.com/support/techsupport
Contributor

using the site: delimiter to get to ResearcherID pages isn't really the point. I'm not worried about finding RID pages. I'm trying to make my scientists' work more google-able by leveraging the goodness of RID.

That is to say, if I search for Robert Kuligowski, I want his ResearcherID profile to appear well up the first page of results.

Right now I'm having good but uneven results in this area. It definitely takes time for the spiders to compile this data into Google and others.

I also recommend linking TO your RID profiles from your organization's web pages. More links are better!