New User

Would like to be able to rename a User Defined field on the web published database

I have a large database that is web published and I recently introduced a new field, which I set up in one of the User Defined fields.  I gave the new field an appropriate name for our database but noticed that on the web published database, the field name I assigned using the software cannot be applied.  The field therefore appears at the end of the displayed fields with the name "User Def 1".

I'm sure other people using the web publisher feature would like to be able to set up custom fields and have these display with an appropriate field name rather than retaining the "User Def" name, which is meaningless on the published database.  I understand that you may not be able to change it in the drop-down list of searchable fields, but it would still be available under "All non-indexed text fields" and searchable that way.

Please could you change the software to allow a field name edit in the web publisher?

Thanks!

New User

Re: Would like to be able to rename a User Defined field on the web published database

After I posted this, I discovered that the user defined field did subsequently change, in the web published database, to the name I had given it on Reference Manger.  I contacted Tech Support and no-one can figure out how this happened, because the software currently isn't supposed to be able to do this.

I'd be curious to know if anyone else has renamed a user defined field and can then see it with that name when they web publish the database.