Enthusiast

Read-Write Exclusive

When the software is installed on a single computer, please allow the ability to set a default to Read-Write Exclusive. It is frustrating to be forced to re-open a file in that mode from the default Read-Write Share. I like having the databases that are open when I end the program to be open when I restart RM. However, the databases reopen in Read-Write Share mode.

Thanks

David Lawrence, Center for Injury Prevention Policy & Practice;
San Diego State University Graduate School of Public Health; 6475 Alvarado Road, Suite 105; San Diego, California 92120 USA
User

Re: Read-Write Exclusive

This point has been a sore spot for too long.  It should be fixed yesterday.

In addition, there should be 2 default locations:

1 for the location of the RM databases.

1 for the location of the pdf files to be linked. 

Han Broekman

Weill Cornell Medical College 

Han Broekman
New York, NY
USA
New User

Yes, yes, yes!  Please default RefMan to Read-Write Exlcusive.  I can understand why it was instituted for networked systems but so many of us have stand alone applications.  Sanity is only a click away.

B.

Enthusiast

Re: Read-Write Exclusive :: default file locations

I agree that it would be a real boon to be able to select my own default location for database files. It would also be nice to be able to have a selectable location for styles and a user selectable default location for saving bibliographies. With the current set-up, if I'm not careful, I can have files spread all across my hard drive.  These defaults would not only be good for improved  convenience when working with RM or with a document when using CWYW; it would also make it easier to include these important files in a regular backup schedule.
David Lawrence, Center for Injury Prevention Policy & Practice;
San Diego State University Graduate School of Public Health; 6475 Alvarado Road, Suite 105; San Diego, California 92120 USA
Enthusiast

Yes,  please!!!!!!
Juan Marin
Professor- Departamento de Organización de Empresas-Universidad Politécnica de Valencia- Spain
User

<BIG Grin>

RM 12 has the read-write-exclusive as default.  You only have to upgrade.

Also, then there are default fields for DOI and PMCID (not the fields I had assigned in RM11)

Han Broekman
New York, NY
USA