Visitor

Endnote X8 "library is currently being used by someone else " and cannot get open at all

I am using Endnote X8 in Mac (OS 10.12.3 El Sierra). 

After upgrading to the newest version of endnote and MAC OS, I have been running into error messages "This library is currently being used by someone else.  Try open it later"  quite often. 

The message popped out when I tried to import an enw file or drag a pdf to MyEndnote .enl file in my my computer's docuement folder   Though feeling inconvenient,  by repeating the procedures of importing, the library will open and let me import.

But I encountered two serious library "crashes", that is, after several trials of opening the Myendnote library, the message "this library is currently being used by someone else" remains and refused to let me open the library.

The first time, I had to rename my local library and let it sync with the endnote online web in order to rescue all references.

The second time is not that lucy.  I could not open it at all and worst of all, the local library has not been synced with the web for a long time.  Even if I tried to "recover the library", 0 reference is recovered.

Please advise.

Mentor

Re: Endnote X8 "library is currently being used by someone else " and cannot get open at all

This isn't the Endnote forum, which is here --  but Call tech support!  I doubt any of us users will be able to help.  You need to be talking to someone who might be able to step thru to find and recover your library.  

(long time Endnote user)
New User

Re: Endnote X8 "library is currently being used by someone else " and cannot get open at all

Same probem here. Unfortunately I couldn't find a solution. Did you have any progress?