Contributor

Definitely better than the email list

Thanx for putting up this forum. I found the email list pretty useless myself. Is there a way to get a single rss feed for the whole forum? Regards,

Smiley Very Happy 

Mentor

Re: Definitely better than the email list

I still don't like it.  Can't figure out how to answer questions from my Blackberry!
(long time Endnote user)
Administrator

Leanne wrote:
I still don't like it.  Can't figure out how to answer questions from my Blackberry!

Hi Leanne,

I believe your Blackberry should have a WAP capable browser, which means you should be able to log on to the forums via the following WAP browser interface to answer questions:

http://forums.thomsonscientific.com/ts/wireless/frontpage.xhtml

philosopherdog wrote:

Thanx for putting up this forum. I found the email list pretty useless myself. Is there a way to get a single rss feed for the whole forum? Regards,

:smileyvery-happy: 

Hi Philosopherdog,
You can subscribe to each of the four EndNote boards themselves, but I'm not sure that you can subscribe to the EndNote community.  I'll check with the folks who put this together to see if it's simply a feature that hasn't been turned on, or if it's not an available feature.  I believe that there are plans to include a Japanese and Korean language board under the EndNote community eventually (for a total of six boards within the EndNote community), at which point it likely wouldn't make sense to subscribe to the entire community.  However, we have yet to work out the details on that.
Rick Meyler
Manager of Technical Support
Global Customer Support

Thomson Reuters

Phone: +1 800-336-4474
thomsonreuters.com
Mentor

Rick wrote:

Leanne wrote:
I still don't like it. Can't figure out how to answer questions from my Blackberry!

Hi Leanne,

I believe your Blackberry should have a WAP capable browser, which means you should be able to log on to the forums via the following WAP browser interface to answer questions:

http://forums.thomsonscientific.com/ts/wireless/frontpage.xhtml

I tried from my blackberry, but it certainly wasn't easy to type in a password that has an uppercase letter, Navigate to the right thread/message and reply - and even then it still welcomed me as 'guest' and not by name so wasn't sure I was in (although I saw a reply option) - and when I tried to send a reply, it gave me an error saying I didn't have permission to send to the page.

so I came back to the computer and wrote this--- I doubt it will be an option I explore to much further.

Smiley Sad

Leanne

(long time Endnote user)