New User

Is it possible to use more than one output style in a Word document?

This is something that I would very rarely need to do but am wondering if it's possible to use more than one output style within the same document.  If so, how is this done? Any help would be much appreciated.

Mentor

Re: Is it possible to use more than one output style in a Word document?

The only way is to use curley and square brackets and format one set, then remove field codes, change the output style change the temporary delimters to the other, change the output style and format the second set.  

(long time Endnote user)
New User

Thanks for the rapid response.  If I'm understanding correctly it's possible to use two output style but only if ultimately converting the field codes in the first set to, say plain text, and then after removing temporary delimiters of the second set, selecting the second output style, and updating the citations and bibliography. After testing the question was answered but I ended up with a document where some of the citations and references were plain text while others still had field codes. So I'm assuming for a working document it would be difficult to use two output styles and make additional changes (e.g., adding or removing citations, changing citation order etc.,) to both sets of text without losing the benefit of EndNote updating the bibliography of the first set of text. This would therefore work best if all text in the document was final - is that a correct assumption?

Mentor

Yes, -- but you would just save and keep a document version before the conversion, and go back to the unformated version to make more corrections/modifications.  I tend to always work with CWYW off.  you might try to change the delimiters and see if it leaves the first set alone, but I don't think it will.  

(long time Endnote user)