New User

Endnote in Android

Does endnote can also accessible in android too?

Re: Endnote in Android

We do not have an EndNote application for Android devices. At this time the iPad is the only mobile device for which we have an application.

If you have an EndNote Web account, you can use the browser on the Android device to log into your EndNote Web library. You can add references to your EndNote web library, and if you are using EndNote X6, you can synchronize your EndNote Web library with your EndNote Desktop library. If you are using EndNote X5 or earlier you can transfer records between the Desktop and the web in either direction.

Henry Johnson
Technical Support Representative
Thomson Reuters
Phone: +1 800 336 4474
thomsonreuters.com
Thomson Reuters and its product names and acronyms used herein are trademarks, service marks, and registered trademarks used under license. This email is for the sole use of the intended recipient and contains information that may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender by return email and delete this email and any attachments.
Highlighted
New User

Mr. Johnson,

This feature has been requested for many years.  There are all sorts of reasons why a accessing the EN Web account is not optimal (chiefly offline use).  So could we get an answer as to whether EndNote even has any intention of developing an Android version?

-David L

New User

I would be really interested by an Android version too. Don't forget that the market share of this OS is greater than iOS. And, after all, the number of enhancements in X7 is not so high.

Yours faithfully.

Yves Roy

User

I'm another user sick of waiting for a reply. Please answer!

Hello, rabbel111:

I certainly understand your frustration. While I don't have any specific details about release plans, I can tell you that this is a feature that the product managers have been seriously considering.

What I can do is transfer this thread into the "Suggestions" forum, which is monitored by the Product Managers, which will serve as an additional "vote" for the feature's inclusion in a future version of our products.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Gillian Neff
Supervisor, Customer Service
Customer Care

Clarivate Analytics
Formerly the IP & Science business of Thomson Reuters

clarivate.com
ipscience.tr.com
User

I agree with other posters that an Android version is needed and that the Android market share has since long surpassed iOS. Endnote is expensive and (Thomson) Reuters is a huge company with a lot of resources, this should be doable.

Frequent Contributor

I fully agree with the previous comments!

New User

Yes Please

I believe the thousands of views on this topic as well as my additional reply should put a little rush out for you to please create an Android App immediatley or I will have to stop paying the (ridiculous amount) of $100 a year to upgrade and go with another service that does offer a mobile version to the largest mobile OS in the world.

Visitor

Re: Yes Please

An Android app would be great. Offline viewing is essential.