New User

Re: EndNote for iPad

I also would like to know if there is an EndNote CWYW function for Pages on the iPad.

I teach EndNote classes and had someone ask me today if this function exists. Her laptop is about to die and she doesn't want to replace it if EndNote for iPad can do everything she needs it to do.

Visitor

EndNote for iPad - Crashing Bug

Dear Mr. Rollins,

thanks for accepting so much feedback. I'm personally experiencing many problems with this crashing bug, too, unfortunately. When I tap on a next reference, the EndNote iPad app crashes very often. Because of that, I can't really use it. I am using an iPad 4th gen. (64GB, WiFi-only) with newest iOS 6.1. Yesterday, I managed to upload my EndNote desktop library (currently using EN X6.0.2 on an Apple Macintosh with OS X 10.8.2) on my EN Web account. Then I entered my EN Web account details on the iPad app settings to synchronize it. Then I wanted to go through every reference, see, if the bibliographical information came into the iPad app correctly and download the PDFS in the File Attachments field by tapping on "Not yet downloaded". Bu then the whole app crashes. Sometimes, I can go on like this for the next 5, or 6 references, sometimes for the next 10 or so, but sometimes for the next 1 or 2 until it crashes. But no matter how many references I'm able to go through, it crashes all the time, so that I'm not able to work with it. Currently I have about 400 references in my library and about 190 with a PDF / Full Text attachment.

I use EndNote since many years now and it became one of the programs, I probably couldn't live without anymore. I was very excited to see, that it became available for the iPad finally. But this crashing of the app is really nerve-killing and preventing me from working with it. Could you already register this Bug or whatever it is and fix it ASAP?

Thanks for your time!

- Best regards, M.U.

User

I would just like to know if my request for very minor feature upgrades has made it through to the developer team? To repeat, I would like to see:

1) indication and sync of read/unread status with the desktop version

2) indication in the list of references of whether an individual reference has a pdf attached for possible download

3) Implementation of standard iPad autocorrection (auto-capitalization, double-tap space for period, etc.) in the text entry field, especially the notes field. 

Additionally, after using the pdf reader for several weeks, I would like to point out that the scrolling can get very annoying, because you sometimes have to first touch the screen once to activate scrolling, and then again to actually scroll. There needs to be a touch-once-to-scroll to make it more like scrolling in every other app.

User

I am having some majorly annoying issues with crashing. I appear to be able to sync just fine, but when I add a new batch of references via my desktop my ipad app will crash when I tap on one (but not necessarily all) of the new refs. It will also crash on some of my older apps. This issue appears to resolve itself at random, after much frustrated tapping and navigating all over the place. Currently, I cannot access two of the three newest references without the app crashing. Any suggestions?

I am hopeful that the update we submitted to Apple last week will fix the crashes folks are experiencing with the current build. I will post here as soon as we hear from Apple the the update is live.

Jason Rollins, the EndNote team

New User

It is important to be able to make all sorts of notes and markings in the pdf, and then sync these. The functions in iAnnotate would be nice.

User

It would be great if I could set a formatting style for the "copy citation" function. It's kind of pointless if I can't use the style I need. I don't need all the styles in my library to sync or anything, just a choice between the 10 or so most common styles.

Is this a possible feature for a future update?

Yes - this is something already on our To Do list.

Jason Rollins, the EndNote team

New User

It has been already implemented (to download all the pdfs to the ipad?)

thank you

New User

Re: improve annotation & support sync of group sets

Hi!

You might know also, but just in case:

the best solution would be for people to decide whether they want to annotate a pdf within EndNote for iPad or in a 3rd party app (just as the case with desktop EndNote). For such an app I and many others use Goodreader.

GoodReader has announced an SDK to let third-party developers send files and folders to GoodReader and receive them back after GoodReader has read/annotated them:  http://www.goodreader.com/gr-dev.html

I would be very grateful for a fast implementing, because the present semi-transpaprent highlighter is not really usable, and annotating on the go would be for me the real application for EndNote for iPad.

Cheers,

Ferenc