Mentor

Re: Problems with Journal name abbreviations

[ Edited ]

Make sure you follow fatkhulla's response below, and you can also look at the video instructions here:  http://endnote.com/kb/82228  but don't skip Fatkhulla's last step.  

Remember that you also need to make sure the output style you are using is selected to use the correct column of the terms list.  Edit> edit output style, edit "your output style"  -- as in the image attached.  Then Save as and give new name (or save if it is an option).  Then in the document make sure you are using the newly named output style on the Endnote X7 ribbon or toolbar.  (not necessary, if you were able to "save" -- but never give it the same name if you have to choose "save as"!)  

(long time Endnote user)
New User

Dear Fatkhulla,

many thanks for sharing this useful information.

All best

Matteo

User

No problem, All! It is great to see that these notes can still be found usefull after all these years...

Fatkhulla

EndNote X2 version, Windows XP SP3
New User

Re: Problems with stopping "updating term list problem in endnote"

Hi there,

Good evening.

I am using Endnote X7.4 version on desktop. I have around 240 reference in my endnote library.

But recently I have problems in exporting the references from sites. The endnote gets hanged during the import and it shows "updating term list" icon and never recovers.

I have tried CWYW turn off in endnote and hyperlink turn off in word 2013. But both options are not working for me..

Please suggest me another option or whta I should do to get the Endnote working..

Thanks in advance

Mentor

Re: Problems with stopping "updating term list problem in endnote"

I always have the terms list update options firmly off in the preferences settings.  I don't want endnote to assume I want things in my terms list.  -- have you tried turning them off?  see this preference option in the attached image (for endnote for windows, these are accessed via Edit, Preferences in Endnote)

(long time Endnote user)
New User

for me the problem was import thru medline and not NLM like outlined above (and thank you)

so I deleted medline, logged on to NLM and updated all references-and it worked