New User

How does one change the sync library in Endnote X8?

I've just migrated to Endnot X8 on a Mac, and now I'm trying to sync my desktop account library to the online webversion. Everytime I enable synching, the library path that gets filled in under preferences is to a library that is no longer used, on a disk that doesn't even exist anymore. How can I edit this field so that it uses my current desktop library as the active sync file. 

I can't find where the preferences file for Endnote X8 is stored on macOS Sierra, 10.12.1.  Does anyone know how I can edit the line in preferences following: "Sync this Endnote Library," to make it the new library of choice?

Thanks in Advance, 

Frustrated in Chiberia

Visitor

Re: How does one change the sync library in Endnote X8?

I've the same problem!

I use Endnote X8 windows and Mac , but both versions does'nt allow the change of the shared library. I could'nt change the file name. Wether in Preferences no in file ->share...

greeting from Germany

Katrin

New User

SAME PROBLEM! How does one change the sync library in Endnote X8?

I have the same problem, running X8 on a Mac, Can't change the Library, my ipad and online account are not recognising changes on the desktop.

any info would be appreciated!

Enthusiast

Same question/problem!

User

I don't know about the Mac, but under Windows, it is fairly easy to change that..

- Close EndNote

- Open RegEdit.exe

- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ISI ResearchSoft\EndNote\Preferences

- Edit string key "SyncLibraryPath"

Highlighted
Visitor

This gave me the clue that I needed. For some reason I did not have a string key called "SyncLibraryPath" so I followed the directions to the right place in Regedit then

- right-clicked on "Preferences" and added a "new multi-string value" called "SyncLibraryPath"

- I added the value of the full path to my EndNote Library ending in .enl

This seemed to work. 

Paul