User

Re: Updates to EndNote Find Full Text - fixes and improvements...

Thanks guys, it is working!!

Visitor

Hi Gillian,

Thanks for your effort.

I have tested the FFT for ACS publications, and still have the same problem - FFT (Endnote X6) doest work for any ACS.

Wondering if it is just me having this issue after the update.

Thanks,

Wolfguang

The University of Queensland

New User

Hi there,

I've noticed that the Find Full Text isn't working for PubMed. Hopefully it's similar to the ACS issue.

Thanks!

Hello, Kalikai:

At the request of the NLM, PubMed is not included in the Find Full Text (FFT) search by default. In your preferences, under Find Full Text, is PubMed checked?

Gillian Neff
Supervisor, Customer Service
Customer Care

Clarivate Analytics
Formerly the IP & Science business of Thomson Reuters

clarivate.com
ipscience.tr.com
New User

Hello everyone,

I am using Endnote X7, and Find Full Text is currently not working for any of the ACS journals here at the University of Tennessee. Nature Publishing, Elsevier, Wiley, etc., all seem to be downloading normally but ACS fails.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Joe at the University of Tennessee

New User

Re: Find Full text problem

Hello, I am an X7 user. My university uses a proxy server to connect to Web of Science. This feature works well for full text retrieval when I am on campus, but when off campus, it fails to retreive any of the full texts. Any ideas what may be going on?

Mentor

Have you proxied into the server on campus?  

(long time Endnote user)
Contributor

I've heard that Find Full Text will not locate pdf's from AIP (field of Physics). I looked at one article listing and the pdf link was mid-way through the overall url. I believe we were using EndNote with it configured for our OpenURL link resolver and that Find Text works well in general. Is there any more information about this, even if only that it is a known issue?

Here's an example article.

http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4906946

Have a nice day

John

Visitor

Have others noticed a problem again with FFT not finding the ACS journals?

After several colleagues reported this today, I tried it myself with the latest version of EndNote. Out of 9 very recent ACS citations retrieved from Web of Science, only one 1 PDF came through. When I tried again with some early 2014 references, FFT was successful with 4 out of 7 references. 

--Teri

[ Edited ]

Hi John,

While we have had a couple of reports about the AIP journals, I just tried your example and was able to download the full text article. I am not using a link resolver, so perhaps that is the difference here. Is this problem still happening for you? If so what link resolver are you using? Are you on Mac or Windows, and which version is your operating system?

Thanks,

Sharon