User
Accepted Solution

Find Full text problem

Hello everyone,

I am endnote X6 (mac edition) user

Starting from Friday  (may 3rd) Endnote can not find any paper from American Chemical Society..Before it worked smoothly

Needless to say, We have all subscriptions, and you can go to ACS website, download paper and attached it to database manually, but it is so inconvenient compared to "Find Full text Button" in EndNote

All other journals (from other publishers), we are generally using, can be found without any problem

So, please help us!!

Thank you very much

Ferdinand,

PDA UIC at Chicago

Re: Find Full text problem

ACS has likley changed something on their side that has temporaryily broken EndNote's Find Full Text function. We are looking into this and will report back as soon as we know more. Hopefully, this will just require a slight adjustment on our end.

Stay tuned.

Jason Rollins, the EndNote team

User

Thank you very much

Hope, solution will come shortly!!

So, When approximately the problem will be solved?

and what we will need to do when you fix it? it will start working automatically or we need to download some update?

Please let me know once you find a solution!

Thanks
Ferdinand

Contributor

Find full text seems to work for fairly recent issues of ACS journals, but not older ones. Yesterday I used FFT to get pdfs of Env. Sci. & Technol. papers from 2012 and 2013 but it didn't work for a 2001 paper.

Thomson Reuters

Hello,

We have been communicating with our ACS partners and they need more information to complete their research regarding the FFT problem.

Please let us know:

1. What citations you were trying to find FFT for

2. specifically what Journals and what year/volumes

3. What time of the day (including timzone)

Please attach a sample library (enlx format) with about 10 citations that will not Find Full Text from the ACS portal so that we can troubleshoot this further.

Sincerely,

Cheryl -- The EndNote Team

Visitor

Hi,

I have the same problem that I cannot use FFT function to get ACS journal papers.

Please find attached the .enlx file (please change the file name to examples.enlx), in which the ACS papers cannot be downloaded by EndNote X6 that I am using.

Time Zone: UTC+10:00 Brisbane

The problem exists during the work time (9am to 5pm).

Hope you can fix it soon.

Thanks!

Wolfguang

User

Hello,

I tried actually almost all ACS journals. Neither for ASAP paper FFT is not available nor for other

Attached, please find compressed library with some references...FFT does not find any PDF for them

Chicago, IL, USA timezone GMT-6

Thank you

Ferdinand

User

Somehow I cannot attach .enlx file

Please provide e-mail address where I can send the library

Thanks

Ferdinand

Thomson Reuters

Hi,

Please forward to cheryl (dot) rodriguez @ thomsonreuters (dot) com

thanks,

Cheryl -- The EndNote Team

New User

I am having the same problem with X5 (mac). All the ACS journals I have tried regardless of age are having the same issue.  Is there a fix yet?

fmelkonyan wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am endnote X6 (mac edition) user

Starting from Friday  (may 3rd) Endnote can not find any paper from American Chemical Society..Before it worked smoothly

Needless to say, We have all subscriptions, and you can go to ACS website, download paper and attached it to database manually, but it is so inconvenient compared to "Find Full text Button" in EndNote

All other journals (from other publishers), we are generally using, can be found without any problem

So, please help us!!

Thank you very much

Ferdinand,

PDA UIC at Chicago