EndNote X7 Style Editing Guide now available for download

[ Edited ]

Everyone knows that with EndNote, you can use our impressive catalog of Output Styles to format your bibliography to match thousands of journal and publisher requirements. But did you know you can also tweak those styles to meet your needs, or even create your own style?

EndNote has a powerful built-in style editor that will allow you to match virtually any bibliographic style requirement. To help you use it, we created a guide to navigating this extremely useful tool. 

Download it from here: http://endnote.com/kb/131728

Questions or problems while editing your styles? Check out our Styles, Filters and Connections forum! Alternately, our Technical Support team will be happy to help. 

Gillian Neff
Supervisor, Customer Service
Customer Care

Clarivate Analytics
Formerly the IP & Science business of Thomson Reuters

clarivate.com
ipscience.tr.com
New User

Re: EndNote X7 Style Editing Guide now available for download

To Whom it may concern:

I would like to know if it is possible to preformat a field, for example "Title" with letter characteristics so that in the selected output style it would be rendered. If I want a title to be printed in Bold I can do this manually in a register, but I want the program to do this for a selected style for me without the mannual process.

Is this possible inserting some special mark <B> for example in the tyle manager in the template as used for HTML programming?

Mentor

The output style can define the attributes of the title (bolding the word Title there, bolds the title in the output).  If you wanted to include HTML - you could introduce that into the output style around your "Title" field, I assume. 

(long time Endnote user)
New User

Thanks. In effect changing the case to bold in the "title" field of the used reference template solves the problem-

Mentor

[ Edited ]

Leanne wrote:

.... If you wanted to include HTML - you could introduce that into the output style around your "Title" field, I assume. 

Unfortunately, EndNote at present does not recognize HTML coding so changing the font style is limited to changing the selected text within the Endnote field by using the options available in the toolbar or the output style .