02-04-2016 09:23 AM
I tested the beta x7.5 with word 2016 on mac. It worked perfectly fine till it crashes when I tried to fill in a new reference. Then I updated on final x7.5 but I have the same problem. I already tried this:
It ist not working. A new installation of word and/or endnote does not help as well. Here is the logfile:
Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0
Date/Time: 2016-02-04 14:21:57 +0000
Application Name: Microsoft Word
Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Word
Application Signature: MSWD
Application TimeStamp: 0x5690ff6d
Application Version: 18.104.22.168109
Crashed Module Name: Microsoft Word
Crashed Module Version: 22.214.171.124109
Crashed Module Offset: 0x00de80bc
Blame Module Name: Microsoft Word
Blame Module Version: 126.96.36.199109
Blame Module TimeStamp: 0x5690ff6d
Blame Module Offset: 0x0000000000de80bc
Application LCID: 1031
Extra app info: Reg=en Loc=0x0407
Crashed thread: 0
Can anybody help? I don't have any solution anymore.
Thanks a lot.
02-05-2016 04:32 PM
I find that X7.5 only started crashing Word 2016 after I started inserting textboxes into my document. If I don't have any textboxes, it works just fine. After I instert a textbox, it creashes every time I try to update the bibliography or add a citation.
02-06-2016 06:25 AM
I tried the Beta when I started using office 16, and it crashed word. Word would simply freeze on the welcoming screen and then crash.
Now again, with this "stable" version. I updated endnote and it's the same problem again. I uninstalled both and installed them again. Don't think it's my Word as word functions perfectly normal without endnote's presence. As soon as I install endnote again, word starts freezing and crashing again.
I posted previously on the forums requesting help, and I have contacted custmoer support in every continent, and still no response from you guys.
PLEASE help and respond to our inquiries! Thank you
02-10-2016 02:34 PM
Has anyone figured out a fix to this bug? I was able to format my bibliography using the beta version, but once I made the switch to the public version, it crashes everytime I attempt to update my bibliography.
02-10-2016 04:31 PM
I highly recommend that anyone with this kind of problem, call endnote support.
Reach someone who can help
For help using EndNote
Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. Eastern (GMT -5)
+1-800-336-4474, press 4
02-11-2016 02:16 PM - edited 02-11-2016 02:19 PM
Here are some things I would suggest for troubleshooting this issue:
1. Make sure Microsoft Word/Office 2016 has the latest updates installed. In Word, click on the Word menu and select About Word. Make sure this reads at least version 15.18. If you do not have this version, click on the Help menu and select Check for Updates. Follow the steps to update Word. If the Auto Update is not able to locate latest version for some reason, you can update manually. Please see this article from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3133711
2. Close all documents and create a new blank document in Word. See if you are able to insert a citation without error.
3. Check the location of your library. Click on the Tools menu and select Library Summary:
* Make sure the library is not saved to a cloud storage location such as Dropbox: http://endnote.com/kb/115635
* Make sure the library is stored on the local hard drive and not a remote server for optimal performance.
4. If you are experiencing general issues with your document crashing, you can clean up the field codes by following the steps in this article: http://endnote.com/kb/81143
Note: for Step 2 of those instructions, you would click the EndNote tab and then click the "Tools > Convert to Unformatted Citations" command.
5. If you have a document that is particularly large or contains a great deal of images, figures and/or tables:
* Click on the View menu and select Draft. This uses less of Word's memory.
* Click on the Review tab and set the Track Changes option to "No Markup." The change tracking will still be present in the document; it simply will not be visible. This can also improve performance.
If the issues persist, please contact Technical Support: http://endnote.com/support
02-13-2016 11:04 PM
My copy of Word 2016 (v15.18) also crashed whenever I update the bibliography with Endnote X7.5. This occurred after I followed Jason's (Admin) instructions as well as the OP's instructions. Another poster above already mentioned this, but the problem seemed to be caused by a text box in the document. When I removed the text box, the bibliography updated without error. Reintroducing the text box reproduced the crash. Hope this helps the developers troubleshoot this bug...
02-16-2016 01:53 PM
I had some strong contact to the support.
Result: It might be a bug lots of users have. They gave it to the development team and advised to downgrade on Word 15.17. I didn't try it yet. Maybe it is going to work.