New User

"no matching references found" while searching in my library

Hi

I'm quite desperate because I can't use my Endnote library anymore.

When I try to look for a reference, for exemple using an author name (which I know it does exist in my library), the message "no matching references found" appears. SAme thing when I try to insert a reference in a Word file from endnote.

I've been using Endnote for 10 years, I've got more than 3000 references with 2000 pdf files, currently with EndNote X7.

I'm talking about my own library, not the online library.

I'm completely stucked up, I don('t know what to do, as my all library is on Endnote, and I can't access them anymore.

Thank you for the advices

DocLucho, French Guiana

Mentor

Re: "no matching references found" while searching in my library

So you can open and see your library in endnote, but it just isn't "talking" to Word thru the add-in?  

(long time Endnote user)
New User

not only this

I can't make any search among my references

when I make a search, it's always responding "no matching references found" , even if the author name or the year are present in my library.

I linked an example (screen print) to this message. I searched the authors Wandji, and as you can see, it is present in the list of references. Nevertheless, the software answers : "no matching references found" 

do you understand my problem?

Mentor

[ Edited ]

Well, that is good, as it means you have your library! 

I would copy both the .enl file and the .DATA folder and subfolders to another folder to backup your library and then try - on the original - Tools>recover library to see if that repairs it.  If that doesn't work, I would contact support at www.endnote.com/support (call rather than using form, if possible).  

(long time Endnote user)