Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PJM
New User
Accepted Solution

Online search mode not working properly

I upgraded to EndNote 7.2.1 with Yosemite (Mac 10.10.2). When I click on the Online Search icon to search for references in PubMed (or any other online database for that matter), the drop down menu next to the search button does no switch to the online search options.  Rather, the Local Library mode drop down menu remains so that I get "No matching refernces found". I have checked all of my settings, nothing seems to work. I have used EndNote for years and have never had a problem like this before.

New User

Re: Online search mode not working properly

I just posted the exact same (I realized to the forum, not to endnote, a first time users),

"Ever since upgrading to x7 from x6 (Mac Version), I have been unable to search remotely.   Specifically, I click on the globe like icon to choose a remote search, click on PubMed.     

At this point in x7, the search button is grayed rather than clickable, and I do not have the option to "search remote library". I only have the option to search the "whole library" which is my local library.  I therefore cannot search and pull in reference from PubMed which is really frustrating.   I find nothing in user manual to help.

Suggestions welcome.  at this point, I search remotely in x6, pull in references, then close out and open x7 which is now the program linked with word for reference insertion."

New User

Problem solved.  I re-installed from dmg for Endnote x7 for mac.    I then installed the  "update" when prompted.  Online search function still not available as before. 

Re-installed again.  Did not install the "update".  Now it works.

Running Mac Os 10.8.5.

Update fries the remove online search function.

New User

Make sure you are running Endnote 7.1 (without update).

PJM
New User

Thanks, I got the same results. The earlier version works fine. It's definitely a problem with the update.

Hello!

Actually, the issue here is most likely with the EndNote X7 Preferences.

The simplest solution to the issue is to reset the EndNote X7 Preferences, which may have become damaged.

The Macintosh instructions for resetting the EndNote preferences are available from here...

http://endnote.com/kb/82201

Following these instructions for resetting the preferences should resolve this issue, and allow EndNote to once again "Search Remote Libraries".

I do hope this helps.

Thanks,

Steve

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Steve Hitt
Customer Technical Support
Scientific

Thomson Reuters

Office +1 800 336 4474
thomsonreuters.com
scientific.thomsonreuters.com/researchsoftware

Thomson Reuters and its product names and acronyms used herein are trademarks, service marks, and registered trademarks used under license.
PJM
New User

It worked, thanks!

New User

Hi,

This does not help the problem reported in the first post. I have the same problem (Yosemite, Endnote X7, and pubmed search results in "no matching references found"), followed the instructions, but still does not work.

I also have a tight deadline and Endnote gives me headaches.

New User

It worked ! Many thanks!

New User

Hello,

sorry, it seems like I have the same issue. Only pubmed is not working as an online search and this one (kbportal.thomson.com/display/2/index.aspx?tab=browse&c=&cpc=&cid=&cat=&catURL=&r=0.3295971) is not working for me as I cannot find any of the folders mentioned.

Any help is welcome.

Regards