01-31-2018 01:54 PM
EndNote X8.2 in online mode will find references, and returns the number of matches, but fails to import references. I contacted support, was told to restart EndNote and/or my computer - but that did not fix the problem. This problems happens with all libraries, even new ones, no matter where the libraries are stored.
I am running MacOS 10.13.3, and I am really frustrated that EndNote is not working, and that I can't get any help.
02-01-2018 09:27 AM
If you haven't done so already, please try these steps:
02-04-2018 09:13 AM
I have the same problem: since i updated my EndNote, i cant see the reference after i made a search in the online modus. It can retrieve my search but does not appear in any of the library.
I did what is advised above, but it does not work....
02-05-2018 11:53 AM
you see it in the search? You need to copy it to the library, unless you are using the library/search combined mode (the next button over from "search online", which is just a globe. It lookes like a globe in a folder.) If you are using the globe in a folder, you will want to make sure your preferences are set to "discard" duplicates, so you don't retrieve records that are already in your library by mistake
(Note to Developers! -- which only works for some reason, if you ARE using the combined search and retrieve into library mode. Wish that affected trying to copy something already in your library - from the "search online" mode!)
02-07-2018 04:40 PM
Then my suggestion would be to contact Technical Support directly.
1-800-336-4474 option 4 then 1 or
03-18-2018 06:59 AM
Had the same problem already twice.
Reinstalling Endnote X8 (and afterwards the 8.2 Update) works.
But it is really frustrating!
I have the same probelm and your solution does not work. Waht next to do?
3 weeks ago
I had the same and a lot of other problems with every version since Endnote X8 and newer versions got released! If it wouldn't be the university that paid for the program I would never use it anyway.
The problem I expienced after every update is, that it changes the folder location to a strange default, somewhere in the original document folder every mac has.
If you redirect the folders location in the preferences to the actual endnote folder within the applications (for style, filter, and connection folder) all the problems are resolved and endnote again works (more or less) like a charm.
See uploaded screenshot for the necessary directories (at leas on my mac).
Hope this helps some of you!
a week ago
I've been having problems importing and had no idea how to fix it. It probably doesn't help that I'm a new Mac user. I just checked and my Endnote had redirected the folders to a different location. I changed the folders back to applications, as you had shown, and now it works. Thank you so much for posting your fix, and for including the image of the folder preferences!