New User

EndNote X8.2 build 13302 fails to import references

EndNote X8.2 in online mode will find references, and returns the number of matches, but fails to import references. I contacted support, was told to restart EndNote and/or my computer - but that did not fix the problem. This problems happens with all libraries, even new ones, no matter where the libraries are stored.

I am running MacOS 10.13.3, and I am really frustrated that EndNote is not working, and that I can't get any help.

Administrator

Re: EndNote X8.2 build 13302 fails to import references

If you haven't done so already, please try these steps:

https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/article/EndNote-X72-and-Later-Mac-Online-Search-Fails

Jason Berman
Technical Sup Rep RS

Clarivate Analytics

Phone: +1 800-336-4474
clarivate.com
New User

I have the same problem: since i updated my EndNote, i cant see the reference after i made a search in the online modus. It can retrieve my search but does not appear in any of the library.

I did what is advised above, but it does not work....

Mentor

you see it in the search?  You need to copy it to the library, unless you are using the library/search combined mode (the next button over from "search online", which is just a globe.  It lookes like a globe in a folder.)  If you are using the globe in a folder, you will want to make sure your preferences are set to "discard" duplicates, so you don't retrieve records that are already in your library by mistake

(Note to Developers!  -- which only works for some reason, if you ARE using the combined search and retrieve into library mode.  Wish that affected trying to copy something already in your library - from the "search online" mode!)  

(long time Endnote user)
New User

I have the same probelm and your solution does not work. Waht next to do?

Highlighted
Mentor

Then my suggestion would be to contact Technical Support directly.

1-800-336-4474 option 4 then 1 or

https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/technicalsupport?language=en_US

(long time Endnote user)