New User

Re: EndNote 8 crashes on Sierra (10.12.4)

Unfortunately, I cannot cope with this instability of software at the moment.

Any alternative to EndNote that you tested and is working fine on Mac.

Visitor

I am having the same issue, I just spent the past week onboarding to endnote. Thought I had chosen the right system and it turns out that it is extremely unstable. This is frustrating. I am still in my trial 30 day period. I am just frustrated abount the time spent learning, noting, etc. I thought I was having an anaomly regarding the crashes and figured it work itself out, but now that I'm actually working on a reasearch paper, this is extremely annonying!!! I can not believe this is happening. I am so disappointed!

New User

Hi, guys. Doing OS Sierra 10.12.5 - still no change in my EndNote mess ups. Incredibly frustrating.

Any temporary solutions (apart from scrapping a 6-month old MacBook Pro Touch Bar) yet?

New User

I have the same issue with Endnote 8 and Sierra 10.12.5.  Endnote freezes/hangs when clicking on or viewing a reference with an attached PDF with annotations saved to it (Mine are marked with highlighting). The only solution I've found is to same the PDF to another location (desktop), delete the reference from Endnote, and then re-import it.  Not really practical, but if you only have a few annotated PDFs you are working with, can allow your work to continue temporarily.

Hope they fix this bug soon, its been awhile from what I can see in this thread!

Administrator

I recommend two things for those on this thread experiencing either a beachball, crash, etc., to:

1) Update to Mac X8.0.1, EndNote X8 menu option -> Check for Updates 

2) Contact EndNote Support, http://endnote.com/support to get an individualized diagnosis if the behavior continues

I apologize for your troubles. 

Thanks all,

Meredith M. 

Highlighted
New User

Done all of that but no solution.

New User

Thanks this worked for me after endnote froze with increasing frequency every time I wanted to open a PDF. I hope it stays this way.