Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Visitor
Posts: 3
Registered: 3 weeks ago
0

EndNote 8.2 on MacOS 10.12.6 cutting off first character of PubMed search results

One of my users is having a problem with his EndNote cutting off the first character of each field in PubMed search results. I've deleted all the EndNote files I could discover in his ~/Library/* and the problem persists. Another user account on the same computer does not have this problem whic means the problem should be somewhere in the user's home directory. 

We've re-downloaded the PubMed connection file and that made no difference.

Has anyone seen this before?

Visitor
Posts: 3
Registered: 3 weeks ago
0

Re: EndNote 8.2 on MacOS 10.12.6 cutting off first character of PubMed search results

I want to add something that my user and I just discovered:

results from PubMed seem to be where the problem starts. He found an older library that did not have the truncation problem and we did a Library of Congress search and the results were fine. When we went back to PubMed the results lost the first letters of every entry in every field.

We are really hoping someone else has seen this before.

Highlighted
Visitor
Posts: 3
Registered: 3 weeks ago
0

Re: EndNote 8.2 on MacOS 10.12.6 cutting off first character of PubMed search results

I tried the steps listed in kb82201 and that did not solve the problem.