Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New User

Duplicate references after sharing library

Hello,

As the title says - I recently shared a library with somebody, and the next day when I open EndNote, I see my it now has double the number of references it had yesterday, because each individual entry has been duplicated.

I can see from the activity feed that this isn't the work of the individual with whom I shared the library; additionally, "merge duplicates in bibliography" was checked off all along.

Has anyone else encountered something like this? What can I do to restore my library/remove these duplicates?

Thanks in advance!

Highlighted

Re: Duplicate references after sharing library

Hi Libradarling,

Sorry about that. If you're seeing duplicates of every reference in you sync/shared library, you mat have synced with a copy of the library you originally synced wiht. Once you sync a library to EndNote online, that remains the synced library. If you open any other library and sync, sync will merge the two.

You can remove duplicates by clicking the references menu/find duplicates. You can either go through each duplicate one by one or, if you click cancel on the find duplicates dialogue box, all duplicate references with be highlighted and you can drag them to the EndNote trash.

I hope this is helpful.

Tom Hewitt

Technical Support Representative
Clarivate Analytics
Phone: +1 800 336 4474
Clarivate Analytics and its product names and acronyms used herein are trademarks, service marks, and registered trademarks used under license. This email is for the sole use of the intended recipient and contains information that may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender by return email and delete this email and any attachments.