Visitor

Cant change output style after upgrading. (MBP, Pages, End-note x8)

Hello all,

I am using end-note on Pages. I am running Macbook Pro with Sierra OS.

Unfortunately, after upgrading to endnote x8 and upgrading my pages I can no longer alter the citation style. No matter if i change to APA6, Numbered, Vancouver etc it does not change in the document.

Instead of this:
Nevertheless, several physiscian based helicopter emergency medical services report extremely high success rates, comparable to in-hospital emergency anaesthesia.(Chesters, A.; Keefe, N.; Mauger, J.; Lockey, D. 2014)

I need it to look like this:
Nevertheless, several physiscian based helicopter emergency medical services report extremely high success rates, comparable to in-hospital emergency anaesthesia.(1)

I really wish you would test and bug-squash end-note more robustly before rolling out. It seems every time there is an upgrad there is an issue.

New User

Re: Cant change output style after upgrading. (MBP, Pages, End-note x8)

I am also having this problem with EndNote, and Apple Pages in Sierra. If I work in a document in which I've selected Numbered citations and do any kind of cut and paste, it reverts to Author-Date and will not change. This is quite frustrating as I am working on a series of documents to be released over the coming weeks. I can find no workaround.

New User

I am also having this problem with EndNote, and Apple Pages in Sierra. If I work in a document in which I've selected Numbered citations and do any kind of cut and paste, it reverts to Author-Date and will not change. This is quite frustrating as I am working on a series of documents to be released over the coming weeks. I can find no workaround. 

Regular

I'm also having this problem, as is my spouse.  We're both using the latest versions of Pages (with updated plugin), EndNote X8, and OS X Sierra.

Mentor

Suggest posters bypass this user forum and contact tech support:

Technical support

For help using EndNote

Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. Eastern (GMT -5)

+1-800-336-4474, press 4

Submit a technical support request

International support contacts

Mentor

Suggest users complain to Apple and not upgrade until they know their software is compatible with essential plugins?  

See this thread and this KB article: http://endnote.com/kb/107673

(long time Endnote user)