Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
User

Re: Attention Microsoft Word 2016 Mac version 16.xx Users!

Updated to Mac word 16.10 today and all Endnote (8.2) tab and function loss please advise 

Administrator

I would recommend testing with a new blank document. If the issue is document specific, please have a look at this article:

https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/article/EndNote-Mac-COM-exception-error

Jason Berman
Technical Sup Rep RS

Clarivate Analytics

Phone: +1 800-336-4474
clarivate.com
New User

Thanks Jason, that was it! EndNote - Word works fine again after removal of the Mendeley plugin. However a bit sad, because some collaborators use this, others that...

Thanks for your help, Markus

User

I had to uninstall Endnote - then resinstall to get it to work for me 

New User

There may be a problem with permissions, since EndNote CWYW Word 16.bundle in

/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office365/User Content.localized/Startup.localized/Word

had initially 0 bytes (when it is 13.1 Mb)

What  worked for me:

1. Close EndNote and Word

2. Go to /Applications/EndNote X8/Cite While You Write and copy  EndNote CWYW Word 16.bundle

3. Go to  /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office365/User Content.localized/Startup.localized/Word and delete any previous copy of CWYW. Then, paste EndNote CWYW Word 16.bundle. You will be asked for your password (it may be the admin password). Afterwards, you see that EndNote CWYW Word 16.bundle has 13.1 Mb as expected

4. Start word and EndNote

Visitor

The answer is simple: NO.  Endnote is a loser.  Change to Zotero.  I have already told students to not bother unless they're ready to put out money regularly due to lack of support and inability/unwillingness to keep up with Microsoft

Visitor

So Jason, are we Endnote x7 users going to be completely ignored?  I can't believe that you say to simply downgrade to Word 15.  I pay for 365 and you want me to downgrade?  I can see you not patching 6 and below, but 7?  and if I upgrade to 8, then 9 will come out and you'll want me to fork out more money when it becomes incompatible with another Microsoft update.  Incredible!

Administrator

Hello Kathy,

I can certainly understand your frustration regarding EndNote X7 compatibility with Word 2016 version 16.xx. I would recommend contacting the Technical Support team to see what can be done to assist you:

http://www.endnote.com/contact

Jason Berman
Technical Sup Rep RS

Clarivate Analytics

Phone: +1 800-336-4474
clarivate.com
New User

This is all about the Microsoft, in case you have any issues related to the Yahoo account like Account got Hacked, You forgot the Yahoo account Password, Unable to send the emails and attachment issues, no need to worry you can take the help of Yahoo expert by dialling the toll-free Yahoo Support number. +1-888-569-

Enthusiast

This is not the first time that it happened. Nearly at each major office update, Endnote is broken and you must buy the new version... with nearly no new feature except that it worked again. And what is the most funny, is that generally it takes 1 or 2 months before to have the new working version whereas the beta for office showing the problem was available to developpers long before.

This is nearly like planned obsolescence... Thomson should take care of class action in USA (in France it does no work still) !