Visitor

Re: Attention Microsoft Word 2016 Mac version 16.xx Users!

Any news on an Endnote 7 fix? Or do I just own a permanetly broken product now?

New User

Hi Jason!

Thanks for the reply. In the meantime, we will hold off releasing Office 16.9 to our users. The latest Endnote still seems to work properly with Word 16.9 (Swedish system language).

I'll remember to specify language in any future reports...

//Martin

New User

I updated to X2 and it worked just fine, until Microsoft released another update, to 16.9.1, after which I again get the message that the plugin is not compatible. And update coming up to fix this? 

ucr
New User

Well, according to tech support: There are no plans to announce any future fix for Endnote 7 users.  The permanent answer is a program that can keep up with Microsoft.  It isn't Endnote

User

I am having exactly the same problem - very frustrating 

User

I am having exactly this same problem with Word 16.9.1 and the latest Endnote 8.2 - very frustrating this still does not work

User

I am having exactly this same problem with Word 16.9.1 and the latest Endnote 8.2 - very frustrating this still does not work

The Endnote tab has dissapeared from Word and nothing seems to fix this 

Visitor

I'd appreciate any help –

I get a COM error message every time I try to:

– update citations and bibliiography

– convert to plain text

I was working on the same document previously using the older version of  Word with E7 until the COM errors occurred and so updated both to no avail –

I'm now running Word for Mac 16.9.1 (180125) and Endnote X8.2 (13302).

Also, some citations hyperlink to the bibliography (clicking on them takes me to the bibliography) and some don't.

When I start a new blank Word document, type some dummy text and insert E8 references, it seems to work fine.

If there is no solution, I think I'll need to remove all references from this old document and start reinserting all the references with Endnote or some other reference software, but I can't convert this document to plain text so I think I'm stuck.

Any advice? Thanks.

New User

I am now managing to get the CWYW tab to appear if I set the computer language to English. But not when it is set to Swedish, which I prefer. Any updates on this??

Visitor

UPDATE - help please!

I copy pasted the old document into a new one (without formatting) and was reinserting the references with E8 manually...

All looked good until a few dozen references in - the Word crashed, now keeps crasing at each startup, rebooted computer, same thing.

What are my solutions?

Reinstall Word?

Word for Mac 16.9.1 (180125) and Endnote X8.2 (13302).