See you in September - JCR 2011 is now reloaded

by on ‎09-26-2012 12:57 PM

The JCR 2011 has been reloaded.  

131 journals have been added or updated, bringing the total count of titles in the JCR to 10,748 (8336 in the Science Edition, 2966 in the Social Sciences edition;  554 in both editions). 

With the update, all Eigenfactor Metrics are recalculated.  These network metrics are affected by any/all changes to any element in the network.  While the change to an Eigenfactor or Article Influence Score for any individual journal may fall below detection in the published metric, all values represent the results of the recalculation. 

Rank-in-category for individual journals and Aggregate metrics for categories may also have changed. 

The 2011 JCR is now complete.  No further updates will be made. 

2012 JCR data will be published in June of 2013.

Comments
by Kholdun
on ‎10-16-2012 12:56 AM

Can you guide me how can I get an impact fator for my journal 'Bangladesh Journal of Medical Science' ISSn: 2223-4721(Print), 2076-0299(Online), which is indexed by the SCOPUS.

by
on ‎10-16-2012 07:55 AM

@Kholdun -

Only journals indexed in the Science Citation Index Expanded, or the Social Sciences Citation Index are eligible for the calculation of a Journal Impact Factor.  

See:  http://thomsonreuters.com/products_services/science/free/essays/journal_selection_process/ for information on how to submit a journal to be evaluated for coverage in Thomson Reuters Citation Indexes.   

by Kholdun
on ‎10-17-2012 12:19 AM

Thanks for the guidence.

I have already applied.

Hope u all the best.

by amirayh
on ‎04-16-2013 01:19 PM

i need to know the recent impact factor for journal:

international journal of innovative computing,information and control - ISSN 1349-4198

by
on ‎04-16-2013 01:24 PM

@amirayh - Journal Impact Factors are only distributed through subscription access to the Journal Citation Reports.  I can, however, tell you that International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control  was not listed in the JCR 2011 data due to an anomalous pattern of journal self-citation that resulted in a significant distortion of the Journal Impact Factor. 

You can refer to: 

http://admin-apps.webofknowledge.com/JCR/static_html/notices/notices.htm

by amirayh
on ‎04-16-2013 01:31 PM

but i found that journal in ur 2012 list

http://adf.ly/9FncE

by amirayh
on ‎04-16-2013 01:41 PM

they also said:

JCR staff will monitor these journals going forward and the titles will be included in a future edition of JCR when the problem of citation concentration has been resolved. In the meantime, coverage of these journals in Web of Science and other Thomson Reuters products is not changed.

my paper was accepted at that journal IJICIC but  i need to know if it will have an impact factor again before i submit my final version

by
on ‎04-16-2013 02:46 PM

@amirayh: The coverage list is for SCIE and was current as of its release in October 2012.  The International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Controlwas subsequently reviewed due to independent, editorial criteria and was removed from coverage. 

The Master Journal list at:  http://science.thomsonreuters.com/scientific/mjl/ is searchable - and will only reflect current, active coverage.  However, if you go to the specific product (eg: Science Citation Index Expanded at:  http://science.thomsonreuters.com/cgi-bin/jrnlst/jloptions.cgi?PC=D) , there is a link to "journal changes" that supplies a 12-month rolling file of journal changes in alphabetical order by journal. 

There you will find International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control was dropped from coverage.

by amirayh
on ‎04-16-2013 07:03 PM

iam frustrated. anyway thanks alot for help.

by eupara
on ‎05-27-2013 10:42 AM

Hi,

When will the SCI impact factor 2012 be available?

Thanks!

by
on ‎05-27-2013 04:24 PM

@eupara

JCR is released end of June every year.

by elboujaoui
on ‎06-04-2013 03:27 PM

Hello, I sent the electronic journal submission form it's been three days to evaluate a journal where I published my paper but I didn’t receive any confirmation and any result. Can you give me a help and think.

by
on ‎06-04-2013 04:05 PM

@ elboujaoui

I am not entirely clear on your question. 

Did you submit a paper to a journal and are inquiring the status of the review of your paper?

Your inquiry would  need to be directed to the journal's editorial board. 

Did you submit a journal to be considered for coverage by Thomson Reuters? 

If you submitted sufficient contact information in the form, you will receive a reply.  We receive many requests and have a large number of journals in various stages of review. 

Are you trying to determine if the journal to which you submitted a paper is indexed by Thomson Reuters? 

The best way to get this information is to use the Master Journal List:  http://ip-science.thomsonreuters.com/mjl/ This is searchable by title and ISSN - but be sure to use the "coverage" link to see which of Thomson Reuters products contain the journal.  Or, if you are interested in determing whether the journal is covered in a specific index, you can click on the product links in the lower part of the screen to see an interface (search, browse, or browse by category).  The list is updated from our main production system in the first week of the month and will be current as of that time.  We do add/remove journals from coverage, and there could be some lag in that information becoming visible in the coverage list online.  

Hope this helps.

by elboujaoui
on ‎06-05-2013 08:22 AM

Think you for your response. The journal where I published is not indexed by Thomson Reuters.  I sent this journal to be considered for coverage using the “ELECTRONIC JOURNAL SUBMISSION FORM”. I think the problem is in the case “Access Information (i.e. Login, password)” where I type my login and password to the Online Manuscript Submission of this journal published by Springer. Note that I don’t have full access to the journal.

by
on ‎06-05-2013 09:37 AM

@ elboujaoui\

There is no login/password for the electronic journal submission form...

Manuscript submission is entirely separate.  I think the best way to get this cleared up is to call Technical Support - a representative can work with you directly and in real time.  See:  http://ip-science.thomsonreuters.com/support/hours/ 

They'll make sure you have what you need.

by zhuan092
on ‎06-12-2013 05:17 PM

when to release the 2012 impact factor?

by
on ‎06-17-2013 06:16 AM

JCR 2012 data will be available June 19.

by sameh123
on ‎04-04-2017 11:52 AM

How can I get a list of my paper from Thomson Reuters?

by framarootdevice
on ‎04-19-2017 12:59 PM
Thanks for your amazing post I really enjoyed going through this content thanks a ton
Announcements
Welcome to the Clarivate community forums. Please refer to the usage guidelines before posting.